Rules And Regulations
Entry Fee Waiver Policy:
Unfortunately due to the importance of the film submission revenue in operating the Festival we are
unable to offer fee waivers. Recognizing the funding challenges that filmmakers face we encourage you
to take advantage of the Early bird deadline.
The Board of Directors chooses and invites the films which will be presented in Competition / Out of
Each film which has been invited to be part of the Official Selection by the Board of Directors will receive
a Certificate of Participation.
Only films that meet the following conditions will be chosen for invitation in the Official Selection:
Films that have been produced during the twelve months preceding the Festival.
- Films that have not been released anywhere other than their country of origin.
- Films that have not been exhibited on the Internet.
- Once a film has been selected it cannot be withdrawn from the Festival programme during the event.
- None of the films invited must be shown outside the Festival's official theatres before its official
screening at All Lights India International Film Festival.
- All films must be presented in their original language, with English subtitles. By "original language" we
mean the language in which a film is or will be exhibited in its country of origin.
RULES & TERMS – 4th Edition ALIIFF 2018
- 1. Who Can Apply?
- The films completed in 2017 January onwards are eligible for participation. The actual completion date
must be indicated on the online submission form and the year of copyright must be indicated on the film.
For International films where no proof is available, the date of the first theatrical screening will be
considered as completion date.
- (i) Feature Film – Must have a minimum duration of 60 minutes and above.
- (ii) Short Film – Total running time must be less than 30 minutes in length, excluding front and back
credits. No minimum running time is applicable.
- (iii)Documentary – Must be less than 40 minutes in length,excluding credits.
- 2. How to Apply?
- ALIIFF is a participating member of online film submission platform Film Freeway.
- Initial selection: For the initial selection, screenings can only be done by high quality DVD NTSC
screener. We hereby request the submitters to courier the DVD screener to the festival address.
- The deadline for receiving the online platform submission is 6:00 pm IST on Saturday, September 15,
2018 and preview material should reach Festival office by 5:00 PM IST on Monday, September 15, 2018.
The DVD/pen-drive with English subtitles should reach the Festival office before the above-mentioned
- Shipping: While sending preview material value must be declared as less than US $5/- (INR 300 /-).
The parcel should be super scribed ‘No commercial value. For Cultural purpose only’. The Festival will not
bear the cost of transportation of preview material/courier customs clearance. It will be returned on
request at the owner’s cost. Preview materials (For Short Film only) from outside India can be in online
downloadable links (.mov/mp4 file – PAL format) with permission to watch during the entire selection
- ALIIFF won’t be baring the customs clearance duty charges incurred in the shipping of the DVD / DCP
/ Blu-Ray screeners.
- FINAL SELECTION: If selected for the Competition / Non Competition Screening, the entrant(s) - must
provide a Blu-Ray / DCP / High Definition DVD with EST along with Promos and Trailers after the
- Enclosures including Film Stills (min. 2 nos), Vertical Film Posters (min. 2 nos), Directors Pictures,
Directors bio–filmography and a short synopsis must be sent for inclusion in the festival Catalogue to
- If the language of the film is other than English, it should be sub-titled or dubbed in English.
- In the case of Director’s Debut Film, the qualified movie for this category supportive relevant
documents may be asked for proving or stating its eligibility, failing to which the film will not be treated
as a Director’s Debut Film.
- 3. Deadlines
- The deadline for all entries is 6:00 pm IST on Saturday, September 15, 2018. All entries submitted for
selection must reach the Festival Office by October 30th, 2018.
- 4. Notifications
- Successful entries will be acknowledged via E-mail/Submission Platforms by September 30th 2018.
- 5. Selection Process
- Entries will be previewed by Pre-Selection Committee and the shortlisted films will be forwarded to the
Jury for the final scrutinization and selection.
The decision of the selection committees and the jury will be final & binding on all and will not be subject
- 6. Rights of Festival Authorities
- Festival Authorities reserve the right to accept or not to accept any films on any ground including the
likelihood of the film offending the feelings of any state, religion, country or on the grounds such as
racism and religion.
- Decisions of the Festival Authorities regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these
regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be final & binding on all
- 7. Copyright
- It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any
copyrighted materials included within the submitted film. ALIIFF will not be held responsible for the
unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted materials within or relating to the submitted film. ALIIFF
reserves the right to disqualify any film with any unauthorized inclusion of copyrighted materials.
- 8. Jury
- The Jury for ALIIFF will consist of a Chairman along with not less than two and not more than eight
members. The decisions of the jury will be taken by a simple majority of the members present and
- JJury will determine the winning films and will be composed of individuals selected by the Festival
Authorities. The decision of Jury will be final and binding to all.
- The Jury has the right to withhold an award in any category where no entries, in the Jury’s view, meet
its standards for award/recognition.
- The jury can evolve its own rules for assessment of the entries.
- No person in any way connected with the production or commercial exploitation of a competitive entry
will be a member of the jury.
- AAll members of the jury will refrain from releasing any articles or reviews to the press concerning the
film submitted for their judgement until after jury’s decision have been formally announced at the closing
- 9. Archive
- The films once submitted for selection as well as digital tapes/media sent for the final screening will be
retained for the Festival Archive. Also, CDs/DVDs, containing photographs & publicity material received
will not be returned.
- 10. Transportation
- Cost of transportation of DVD / DCP / Blu-Ray screeners / tapes / media and all related documents,
publicity materials to the ALIIFF office shall be borne by the entrant.
- 11. General
- A film can be submitted for multiple award categories.
- Films may be entered by any organization/agency or by an individual film Producer/Director who hold
the copyright or with consent letter from the producer. There is no restriction on number of entries.
- ALIIFF is under no obligation to provide comments or feedback's regarding the submitted film to
applicant or any other representative of the submitted film.
- For promotional/publicity purposes, clippings from any film entered in the festival may be shown on
the National/International Television/Local network/Internet etc.
- Submissions with incorrect/inadequate/illegible/ambiguous particulars will not be considered.
- No legal claim can be filed for participation in the competition.
- No invited film shall be withdrawn from the festival programme.
- Selection at any other International festival does not ensure selection to ALIIFF.
- International Competition For Feature Films - Golden Frame Award For Best Film– Memento ,
Certificate and cash award of INR 1,00,000/- to be shared equally between the Producer and Director of
International Competition For Debut Director's Films (Features) - Golden Frame Award For Best Debut
Directors Film– Memento , Certificate and cash award of INR 1,00,000/- to be shared equally between
the Producer and Director of the film.
Competition For Indian Movies - Golden Frame Award For Best Indian Film – Memento , Certificate and
cash award of INR 1,00,000/- to be shared equally between the Producer and Director of the film.
International Competition For Short Films - Golden Frame Award For Best Short Film – Memento ,
Certificate and cash award of INR 50,000/- to be shared equally between the Producer and Director of
International Competition For Student Short Films- Golden Frame Award For Best Student Short Film –
Memento , Certificate and cash award of INR 25,000/- to be shared equally between the Producer and
Director of the film.
International Competition For Documentaries - Golden Frame Award For Best Documentary – Memento
, Certificate and cash award of INR 50,000/- to be shared equally between the Producer and Director of
- 13. Disclaimer
- All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the ALIIFF shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction
of the competent courts and forums in Ernakulam.
ATTENTION: - All Communications, Blu-Ray / DVDs, and Documentation should be sent freight prepaid,
Aries Telecasting Private Ltd.
C/o All Lights Film Society
BCG Tower, 1st Floor,
Seaport Airport Road,
Kakkanad, Cochin – 682037
Ph :+91 9539967373