- ALIIFF is a participating member of online film submission platform FilmFreeway.
- Initial selection: For the initial selection, screenings can only be done by high quality DVD NTSC
screener. We hereby request the submitters to courier the DVD screener to the festival address.
- The deadline for receiving the online platform submission is 6:00 pm IST on Saturday, September 15,
2019 and preview material should reach Festival office by 5:00 PM IST on Sunday, September 15, 2019.
The DVD/pen-drive with English subtitles should reach the Festival office before the above-mentioned
- Shipping: While sending preview material, the value must be declared as less than 05 USD (INR 300 /-
). The parcel should be super scribed ‘No commercial value, For Cultural Screening purpose only’. The
Festival will not bear the cost of transportation of preview material/courier customs clearance. It will be
returned on request at the owner’s cost.
- Preview materials (For Short Film only) can be in online downloadable links (.mov
/ mp4 file – PAL format) with permission to watch during the entire selection period.
- ALIIFF won’t be baring the customs clearance duty charges incurred in the shipping of the DVD / DCP /
NOTE > PREVIEW MATERIALS SHOULD BE SENT BY POST / COURIER ONLY. BY HAND DELIVERY WILL
NOT BE ACCEPTED
- FINAL SELECTION: If selected for the Competition / Non Competition Screening, the entrant(s) - must
provide a Blu-Ray / DCP / High Definition DVD with EST along with Promos and Trailers after the
notification date upon request.
- Enclosures including Film Stills (min. 2 nos), Vertical Film Posters (min. 2 nos), Directors Pictures,
Directors bio–filmography and a short synopsis must be sent for inclusion in the festival catalogue to
- If the language of the film is other than English, it should be sub-titled or dubbed in English.
- In the case of Director’s Debut Film, the qualified movie for this category supportive relevant
documents may be asked for proving or stating its eligibility, failing to which the film will not be treated
as a Director’s Debut Film.
- Submission rules for the category "Celebrate Malayalam Cinema"
1. This category includes feature films / short films in Malayalam language.
2. Feature Film: Films with the duration of 60 minutes and above are eligible to compete in this category.
3. Short Film: Films with the duration of 30 minutes and below are eligible to compete in this category.
4. Non-English movies must have subtitles in English.
5. The films completed after January 2018 are eligible for participation.
6. Films that have not been exhibited on the Internet.
7. Zero Entry fee for Feature film and Short films
8. The movie with-out censorship to be informed prior at the time of submission